Monday, May 13, 2013

My first experience on the Web based lecture

Now is time to change the traditional class room culture. This blog post is about my first web based lecture experience. When I was in school, teacher came to class room and teaches using black board.  Then I came to University there are two things differ from the school. White board replaces to the black board and teachers used power point presentation. Finally I luckily to got new experience, in this digital world.

First of all I would like to thank Mr. Amitha Amarasinghe who was organized this lecture. Technology that they use here is webinars. Simply Webinar is a way of conducting lecture and workshop through the Internet. My first webinar experience was on Search Engine Optimization which was conducted by Mr. Suranga Priyashantha who is a senior marketing consultant at Australia. He conducted the lecture from Australia and we participated from the university premises.
This is very effective method and this generates lot of advantages. Mr. Suranga who is our resource person is from Australia. So even physically we can't contact with him because of the distance. This technology made a remarkable opportunity for us to get the knowledge from that kind of resource person. Mr. Suranga did this lecture very well by using some slides. After the lecture traditionally we fear to ask question form lecturer. But that time we asked some question from lecturer through the Facebook.
Here I explain my personal experience about web based lecture. So some time I felt this method is uncomfortable. Why I said like that. Because students couldn't joined with lecture interactively and we couldn't asked question when lecture is going on.
I think this is not a big issue. This is the first step. So we have to develop lot of areas. In near future we can do this in a better way by minimizing issues with modern technology.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment